1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pro Comp Power Pro tuner for 08' Silvy 4.3

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by magoonas, May 18, 2008.

1. magoonas

magoonas New Member

Hi All,

This is my first post here so I thought I'd introduce my truck (no pics yet). 2008 Silverado 1500 W/T reg cab 4.3. I absolutely love it but I'm hoping I can squeeze a lil' more mpg out of it. Does anyone have anything to say about the Pro Comp Power Pro tuners? Since Hypertech doesn't recognize the need for the 4.3 to develop a Max Energy Econ I was curous to see who here has tried other aftermarket parts to get better MPG results.

Thanks!
    John
  2. fordprobeguy

fordprobeguy New Member

i've got an 04 reg cab with a 4.3, getting 18 mpg now avg. next weekend im ordering a hypertech programmer. i'll let you know what happens to my mpg. the next weekend im getting the k&n cold intake kit- we'll see how mpg goes.
  3. magoonas

magoonas New Member

I wish I were getting 18, though I do mostly city driving at 4-5 miles at a shot. I'm averaging about 14 right now...

I just bought the K&N drop in filter yesterday so hopefully that'll help somewhat (I don't expect miracles), but yeah, lemme know how it goes!