Problem with GMC & Chevy driving lights?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by onelove, Nov 19, 2008.

1. onelove

onelove Rockstar

There are tons of trucks were I live & all day long I see Chevy's & GMC's with one driving light out.

Has anyone heard anything about a problem with them going out quick?

2. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

yea its a know problem not sure if its a bulb problem or a wiring problem i just changed mine out to orange bulbs i hate the clear lights i wish i could turn it into a turn signal light

3. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Yes, there is a service bulletin on them, they upgraded the bulbs and for the life of me I have to find it because my 02 Bur has them out and I have not replaced them yet either. Quite frankly I do not like them but the insurance company loves them.....(I can see you better, after my Cellphone, Ipod, CDplayer, yada yada...) I will try and find the number of the replace bulbs and post it here....

Jeff

4. onelove

onelove Rockstar

Good to know! Thanks for getting that part number for me. That stresses me out.

5. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Here is the TSB #(000842010A) DRL Bulb Replacement NHTSA ID #(10002833), you can contact the dealer in your hood as well and give them this number and they also can tell you the bulb replacement.
    I still haven't found the buld number where I read it last and wrote it down here at work, desk is a mess. Am still searching and will post here....Found the above a least for now......:grrrrrr:

Jeff