1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

problem with power seat

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 58mark, Aug 21, 2013.

1. 58mark

58mark New Member

My electric controls on my drivers seat work fine, except for the back and forth. Is there a way to replace just the motor of these without replacing the entire track? Not too many of this year in junk yards around here. Most are the later style and the harnesses are different.

attached is the style of seat track I have on my truck

Attached Files:

2. You can definitely just replace the motor, what year is it?
  3. 58mark

58mark New Member

sorry, thought I put that.

it's a 95. Who sells the motors?
  4. 58mark

58mark New Member

yeah I've had the same luck. It sucks paying that much for a part that old that may be on death's door when it arrives

I have the seat in a position now that both my wife and I can drive it, which is tricky because I'm 6'8" and she's 5' 6". I'd like to be able to move it back for me because we're taking a 2500 mile road trip next summer and it will be a lot more comfortable for long hauls

is there a manual seat track I can replace it with? did these trucks come with manual seats?
  5. 58mark

58mark New Member

Found a seat track and a switch today. It just dawned on me today that it could be the switch that's out, but you never know

It's too freaking hot here to put it on today. I'll wait until next week