1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Problems at Idle

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by MTM, Aug 28, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Alright recently I have had a idle problem. Truck runs great has no power issues and everything checks out fine. When it idles it sputters or hickups a little. Never dies but just constantly does it. Anyone have any ideas what this may be? To me sounds almost like a vacuum line or something

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

In the absence of a vacuum leak clean the MAF and possibly the throttle body. I had the same symptoms when I bought my truck, and when a qualified mechanic couldn't find a vacuum leak he did exactly that; both were apparently a complete mess.

Cleaning them up resolved the issue for me, so perhaps it is a path to go down if you can't find a vacuum leak...

3. MTM

Well it has a brand new MAF sensor and I cleaned the throttle body the other day still same old thing. This ones got me stumped

4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Idle Air Control Valve... You CAN clean them but they are extremely fragile. I always just buy a new one since they aren't that expensive.

5. BIGG BOY

BIGG BOY Member

im stickler on O2 sensors they go bad and they are cheap but will cost you lots of money after you found out that what it was shop can't check it it will read going down the road but at idle or shut off it reset it self i maybe wrong but it happened to me try it

6. MTM

May have to give all this a try