problems replacing shocks on 97 suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by zx2max, Jun 17, 2012.

1. zx2max

zx2max New Member

I was trying to replace the shocks and when I attempted to take out the two top bolts that hold the rear shock in place, whatever they thread into on the top broke. now both screws just spin around. There is almost no rooms up there so not too sure what I am going to do. I think I'm going to try to take a sawzaw to the bolts or top of shock. Assuming that works, what size bolts/nuts do I buy to fix it? Or, does anyone have any other suggestions for me? Thanks.

2. zx2max

zx2max New Member

come on guys. no comments or suggestions yet over 80 views. I'm not a mechanic but know I'm not willing to spend a bunch of money to ave these installed. It seemed easy enough until I have to deal with the rust. All I wanted was a little advise..

3. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

they have nuts on top its kind of tight fit but you can get a wrench on them

4. zx2max

zx2max New Member

Thanks kw70chevy. I was able to cut one out but the one farthest from the wheel well is a pain. I'm hoping I can get a wrench on it, though it seems to be round so we'll see what happens.