1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Problems with 2013 Sierra heater & fog lamps

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 767 driver, Jan 6, 2013.

1. 767 driver

767 driver New Member

I have a three month old 2013 GMC Sierra ext. cab, long bed that I love but I'm having a problem with the remote start. I set the heating system to windshield and about 65* temp before I shut down and plug in the block heater for the night. Next motning I het the door lock button then the start button and she cranks right up but sometimes the heater fails to come on so I insert the key and turn it to the run position then the heater system works as advertised. Sometimes it DO and sometimes it DON"T ???
    Also the fog lights SUCK ! I've replaced the lamps with the yellow iodized bulbs bur have no improvement whatever. This is my 3rd Sierra and have always replaced the factory fog bulbs with something better with great results but these lamps just don't have a good distance or periphial coverage ?? Any suggestions for either problem ?? THX; 767 driver
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry I am not familiar with the 2013 but I wanted to welcome you to the club. :glasses:
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I moved your thread to the correct part of the forum, as this will help you get faster and more responses than the Member Introduction forum.

Welcome to the Club and good luck in getting your issue resolved quickly!
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

My '09 works the same way............I went to the dealer and they told me it was normal, of course that didn't satisfy me....... but, I eventually got a copy of the HVAC section of the GM service manual and (I hate to say it), the dealer was right.

The fan won't start until the water temp reaches a certain temperature. Try starting it a little earlier than normal, letting it idle for a longer period. the fan will start after a time.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

remember the factory remote start will only run for 10 mins..But if you hit the button again it will run 10 mins longer. As for the fog lights You can go for a little higher wattage bulb or Like many of us have done is the HID way..

Anyway Welcome and enjoy your new ride..