1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Problems with flashers. k1500 1997

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by kungen08, Oct 31, 2009.

1. kungen08

kungen08 New Member

My k1500 1997 had problems when I left so blink blink it really fast just like a lamp is broken. have tried to take out all the lights one by one, but there will be no difference.
    know someone it may be the relay?
    Grateful for answers.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Check the sockets for the taillight bulbs if there is scorching (brown or black) it is shot, you can get new ones for under $25, this is very common for those models of trucks with those taillights
  3. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Heavy duty flasher

Welcome. Try replacing the flasher with a heavy duty trailer type.

• Specified vs. Variable Load - specific load flashers are designed to flash only a certain number of bulbs. Variable load flashers can handle a range of amps, such as is required with a trailer in tow.
    • Bulb Capacity - designates the total number of bulbs in the circuit for left or right directional signal.
    • Number of Terminals - select either a two or three blade terminal flasher to match the socket in the panel.
    Get the Grote thermo mechanical flasher for up to 16 lamps from Amazon: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBUHIY"]Amazon.com: Grote 44700 Electrictronic 16-Lamp Flasher: Automotive[/ame]

I like the Grote because it is louder than the stock flasher.
    [​IMG]