Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Problems with GM Customer Support, local area concern

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by MoBillyAla, Sep 10, 2012.

1. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

First, not sure if this is the right place to post this...but here goes.

For everyone that has been tracking my recurring CEL issue, once again my CEL has come on and this will be right at 10 trips to the dealer to try to get the problem fixed. Keep in mind this is all related to a Evap Error code every time.

Since my last two times have involved the district support/service manager I thought he would want to be involved so I tried to call him several times last week when the CEL came on, leaving two voice mails with a short message of the problem and clearly my cell and office phone numbers. This morning still no call, so I call GM Executive (thanks AL!) and the lady was very polite listened to the problem, pulled my closed case and reopened it (thank you!) but kinda said she couldn't do anything other than send him a message to call me. (and she did)

He calls me about 5 minutes after I get off the phone with her and he was already sounding disgruntled and was basically like "well what do yo want me to do?" My reply was along the lines of maybe you need to figure out why your GM Techs can't fix a recurring CEL? This is going on 10 visits after all..

He starts getting slightly belligerent with me on the phone and I ask to speak to his supervisor and he tells me no..that he wasn't allowed to give out names (and I understand why) so I ask for a number, and he said they didn't have a number that they could be reached at. So I told him he needed to stop being rude and act like a professional, and since he wouldn't give me his supervisor POC I was calling GM Executive back and filing a complaint on him.

My biggest argument is that the local dealership (Fucillos Adams, NY) has had my truck at least 8 times have replaced the OEM gas cap twice (and I did once the very first time the CEL came on) and once only cleared the code and told me to come back if it came back on. The other couple of trips involved replacing the fuel vent valve/switch?, and another fuel solenoid related part, the last time they dropped my tank and replaced the fuel sending unit. Every time I have to take off from work, drive 30 minutes wasting time and gas, and they can't fix the fault.
    The first time I talked to Daniel the district guy, he told me he couldn't guarantee that the mechanics were ASE or equivalent techs, today he is very animated telling me that this dealership is a "well-known" dealership, and they have some of the best certified techs..when I called him out on what he previously told me about them being certified is when he got really testy with me. So now what where do I go in this process to get my truck fixed?
    It is 5 years old just paid for the extended warranty and only has 32K miles on it...should I look at lemon laws? is it possible?
    I love my truck, just want it fixed, and tired of the run around this stealership is giving me. There is only one other "local" dealership in this area and they do not have a good reputation at all so didn't really want to go to them...

Long post I know but seriously GM service people please look into this :rules:
  2. MoBillyAla

Just an update, My truck is at the dealership, they are planning to keep it as long as necessary until they are sure the problem is fixed. The GM Executive has taken over my case instead of the district guy I had an issue with. In the mean time I was given a 2013 Camaro black on black convertible with paddle ship as a loaner until then... Other than the blind spots that everyone else has mentioned, really impressed with the Camaro.. almost could talk the wife into getting "her" one : )
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Any news? Have they kept it for 3 days?
  4. MoBillyAla

Got it back yesterday, they are now saying the charcoal canister was disintegrating into the fuel causing the problems. So now I am driving it to see if that fixes the problem or not. Will update as necessary. Thanks for asking.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It has been a few days. did they fix it?
  6. MoBillyAla

Can't say definitely yet, it usually took about 7-10 days worth of daily driving for the CEL to return. I have only had it back maybe 3 or 4 days and honestly have been riding my motorcycle most of those...I will definitely post if it does come back on related to this issue...