1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Problems with guage cluster - 04 Silverado

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kbanks, Jan 4, 2012.

1. kbanks

kbanks New Member

Hi. I own a 2004 Chevy Silverado, 4.8 L V8, 70,800 miles, good condition. I am having intermittent problems with the guage cluster. Sometimes the speedometer does not work at all, sometimes it works okay, sometimes it registers too slow or too fast. Same thing with the oil pressure guage.

All the other guages seem to work okay. Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas what could cause this? I've tried disconnecting the battery in the hope that something would re-boot or re-set to solve my problem. No luck.

Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for my vehicle. I'm hoping a wiring diagram will give me some clue of where to look.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

:sign0016:To the Site.....from what you have mentioned, the problem with your Speedometer and Oil Pressure Gauge, is the Stepper Motor's for these 2 Gauges are going Out/Bad and need to be replaced with new ones, the Stepper Motor's going out/bad is a Common Problem on the 2003" to 2005" Trucks/SUV's Dash Cluster's......
  3. Goldie

Goldie Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! X2 what Heartbeat said.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Good place to get answers to most truck questions.