Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

problems

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by lowriderinms, Jul 29, 2009.

1. lowriderinms

lowriderinms Rockstar

hey guys so far yall have been pretty helpful, so i hjave some more with my new toy.. when i am above 45 or so and i accelerate, i have the check engine light come on... i used a key to jump the circuits and it gives me a 29 code... i looked it up and all it says is glow plug relay circuit.. any info on that would be great. also what size gears would make my truck run 3200 rpm at 75 rrpm? just curious. i am gonna use it to haul my other truck when it is done so i am wondering

2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What year/model/mileage/etc.? Sounds like it's a diesel.

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have see diesel trucks do this before. Once the engine heats up the glow plugs should turn off. A relay usually fixes this problem.

4. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

as for the gears it would proalby would be larger then 456's proalby something like 488's neightborhood

5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

4.88 sounds a little short for a diesel. Unless he's running 44s