1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ProComps 4-6" Lift for Chevy. Will it work?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Cody Glenn Cornell, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Cody Glenn Cornell

Cody Glenn Cornell New Member

I was looking at ProComps 4-6" lift for my 2009 silverado 1500 crew crab, didn't know though if blistein shocks were better than the procomps? And I'm now looking at 20" KMC XD Monster wheels, but didn't know what tire range would work for them? I believe they're 20x9(?). Wanted A/T's, I don't do much offroading, yet.
  2. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

On my '03 2500HD I have 35" tires on 20" rims with a 3" suspension and 2" body lift, only time they rub is if I have the wheels turned all the way and hit a bump at the same time. Besides then, there is plenty of clearance. Hope this gives you a little insight.
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Depending on the wheels..33x12.50 = no trimming...35x12.50 = trimming. If you go with a 6". Does Procomp even make a 4"?
  4. Cody Glenn Cornell

That does help quite a bit actually. And I thought I read on their site that their 6" lifts were a 4"-6", it may be a 6" total lift with the kit I was looking at. I'll have to double check on that and let ya know.
  5. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

I just looked. All they make for the new trucks is a 6".
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Don't get the ProComps ES3000 shockswith the kit, VERY STIFF riding.
  7. Cody Glenn Cornell

I've heard that about those shocks. I've also heard that add-a-leafs are better than the rear blocks because they don't weardown as fast, is that so?
  8. silveradotrailblazer

I belive that the kits uses the add-a-leaf and a block together. I don't think (may be wrong) that ProComp makes rear replacement springs. Skyjacker and BDS make good riding lift replacement springs that you could use with the ProComp kit. I have the Skyjacker Stage ll kit that has there rear springs on my '05 Z-71 since the truck was new and now has over 86,000 miles on it and the springs still ride like stock.
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

procomp I beleive does the 4" block with an add a leaf (at least my procomp kit did). I would definately recommend the bilstein shocks. I have had the ES9000 and had no problems but like the bilsteins even better. The procomp shocks are definately nicer to the wallet though. I like a firmer ride though too.
  10. silveradotrailblazer

The Bilsteins are great shocks. The only reason I didn't install them on my truck is I could get KILLER deals on Edelbrocks extreme shocks. I have a Edelbrock in the front stock location, duel remotes in the front and a single remote in the rear. They ride nice even after 86,000 + miles.