Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Prodigy P3 Brake Controller Power-To-Load Settings?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by SurrealOne, Jul 4, 2012.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does anyone, here, use a Prodigy P3 with a tandem axle (single brake axle) utility or car trailer? If so, can you provide some guidance on what power settings to use at specific loads/weights? (Rought eyeball is fine.) I'm asking in an effort to minimize trial/error/learning time. The Prodigy P3 manul provides some starting points but I'm hoping for something more granular and well-rounded...

2. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

I installed the P3 for a 7x12 V-Nose tandem with brakes on both axles. I followed the manual to sync the brakes to truck and it works very well. It took me a total of 4 stops with the trailer brakes from 20mph to get them to the edge of lock. Now I just use the programmer setting to customize for weight/braking preference. The manual was pretty much spot on for my application.
    It's a great controller!

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks! Any other info?