1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

product uncertainty

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by yotchie, Apr 19, 2013.

1. yotchie

yotchie Member 100 Posts

i figured id start a thread for this. has anyone ever heard of FW1 high performance cleaning wax? its apparently new to Canada. i bought a pack of it out of curiousity but i dont want to use it on my new truck or my gf's car without some feedback. i was looking for something relatively simple to give the vehicles a nice clean shine and some protection. but i have never done an in-depth wash and wax. i don't want to mess up the finishes and or scratch or swirl the paint in the process. this seemed like a good idea when i picked it up but i don't want to just go throw it on. and also to be honest i dont want to spend a whole afternoon washing and waxing being i don't have a shaded area i can use for free.

any knowledge greatly appreciated!
    20130417_190528.jpg
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It's a Scam Co that sells out of Gas stations. They come up to you as you are gassing your ride and Try to sell you this and a rim cleaner. I never bought it...
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A friend of mine was some sort of manager for the company for a short time and tried to get me to put their stickers on my rock crawler when I was competing. I somehow ended up with 3 cases of the stuff in my garage Ive slowly been using and giving it away. Havent found anything bad about it but I wouldnt say its great either it works but theres better products on the market.
  4. yotchie

yotchie Member 100 Posts

thanks for the feed back i ended up returning it
  5. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member 100 Posts

some stupid jig at a gas station tried to sell me this stuff... sprayed and swiped it on my chevy without even asking.
    i think if i beat him it wouldve been a hate crime though....
    needless to say, its totaly junk and ill never buy it.