1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Proform LS Covers

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by KyleZ71, Jul 10, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

As everyone knows, I hate how crappy the LS engines look. Plastic everywhere, wires and plastic shrouding really really make these LS engines look ugly as sin in my opinion. As more and more people but these in old muscle and hot rods, the market to clean up these engines is growing. I was bored while writing a paper for my college class, and stumbled across this new valve cover set up. After talking to the company, they said since these covers are a bit taller some modifications may need to be done with wiring harnesses and what not to make it fit. As you can see they mount the coil packs above the valve covers to help clean up the look. You will need to buy longer wires such as the Katech for $55 bucks. What do you all think? Looks good or not? PS after check sources, the covers cost around $250, coil pack bracket $60, and like I mentioned wires $55.
    [​IMG]
  2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member 100 Posts

I've been wanting to clean mine up too... they do look nasty. Thinking of some coil covers... just haven't found ones I really like yet.
  3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Same here. Some covers need trimmed, others won't work with our coil packs, and others only fit the nnbs's like yours. At least the market is growing.
  4. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne New Member

hi
    Proform LS valve covers that will replace your generic looking stock LS valve & give them a totally personalized look. They include unique mounting studs and oil-restricting baffles. Proform LS valve covers feature threaded mounting holes for integrated ignition coil brackets and are available in a variety of finishes to complement your specific engine compartment.
  5. dave13net

dave13net Member

they look good,but still those ugly coil packs hanging there.saw 5.3 on you tube had plastic covers over packs and metal covers,does any one know where i can get these?
  6. 4silverado

4silverado Member

Attached Files:

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

On my Engine, I went and Installed Polish Billet Coil Covers, and then I Painted the Milled Lines Gloss Black....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And when I need to work on the Engine, they’re Attached with Quick-to-Remove ¼ Turn Dzus Fasteners.

8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

that looks awesome! That engine bay is so clean, I would never believe that truck was a 99
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks Mike....:great:.....the one down-side with the All the Chrome, Polish Billet, is I need to stay on top of it, keeping everything Polished.