Progess on my 09' GMC Sierra SLT

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by AnimalYates, Mar 20, 2012.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

This project looks familiar but it was under a different name. LOL .
    Man that Super 10 is going to be loud isn't it? Keep updating this thread I like others have said love to see the progress that others are making on their ride.

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

post a vid when you get the exhaust done, cant wait to see/hear it.

Alex

3. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Okay guys, got the exhaust done... and it sounds AWESOME! It has a real deep nice rumble, and isn't too loud. But don't get me wrong, when you get on it at abut 3,000 RPM's it absolutely roars! I love it, best mod to my truck yet. Below is a short and quick before and after video. I know the revs aren't that great but I don't want my neighbors to hate me lol. I will eventually take a fly by video or something like that.

Tell me what you think!

DSCN1188.jpg DSCN1189.jpg

4. AnimalYates

Any thoughts?

5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Sounds much better!

I am considering a Flowmaster for my truck, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the exhaust conversion run you all in?

6. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

That thing sounds nice bro!!! big thumbs up!

7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks good and sounds even better. Nice job.

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

sounds great man. really like it.:sign0173:

Alex

9. AnimalYates

Thanks guys. I absolutely love it, even though since I've got it I'm averaging .5 MPG less lol. I just can't stay off of it! Like I said I will eventually take a better video, I know this one sucks but I've been too busy lately to really take the time and make a good one. Hopefully this weekend I can get to it.

It's no problem at all man, I'll tell you exactly what I got. I ordered the muffler (flowmaster super 10 3" inlet, dual 2.5" outlets) and tips (Jones 4" rolled stainless steel tips) from Summit Racing, the muffler was $59 and the tips were around $22 each. Then the exhaust shop charged me $180 plus tax to bend the pipes and weld, etc. So overall it was just a littler over $300. Well worth it if you ask me, changed the truck completely.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It does sound nice.

O-H