1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Progess on my 09' GMC Sierra SLT

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by AnimalYates, Mar 20, 2012.

1. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Surreal is 100% correct but the WOT(wide open throttle) is awesome. I love mine and it does make it sound different. But no real mpg increase only throttle reponse increase. And it looks great under the hood.
  2. Attacksz

Attacksz New Member 100 Posts

The truck looks great, and sounds great! I have the Super 10 with 3" tips. One of my next mods is going to 4" tips, dumped.. but I'm trying to get my money right.
    I'm also planning to get hi-flow Converters, people tell me that will make it sound more aggressive too.

@Surreal, how will the cold air intake impact the sound? Louder? Quieter? More aggressive-sounding? I was thinking about getting one, and maybe headers, too.
  3. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

Hmm, that's kind of what I figured. I will get one eventually but I am thinking of going with the Denali grille.
  4. AnimalYates

Your Volant CAI looks amazing under the hood. That alone makes me want to get one, being the visual creature that I am :glasses:, but I don't know if I can justify spending the money (Right now, will eventually!) just for a little more power when I gun it. I am on a tight budget as I am saving for my first house, and am choosing my mods wisely at this point lol.
  5. AnimalYates

Not much of a big deal on this one really. The ol' girl got her first oil change since ownership today. Technically that's "progess" since her mileage is definitely progressing haha. It took me a little longer to change the oil because GM moved the drain plug location on the NNBS trucks, on my 06' Silverado the drain plug was facing the rear of the truck and was a 13mm size plug. (Was the 4.3 though)The new drain plugs face the passenger side of the truck and are 15mm. Oh well, lesson learned I suppose. Went with mobil1 full synthetic and the mobil1 high performance filter.

firstoilchange.jpg
  6. AnimalYates

Well, got bored and took a walkaround video of the truck today. Nothing special but it gives you an idea of what she's really like!

7. AnimalYates

Invested in a locking gas cap this evening. There has been someone breaking into cars and siphoning gas in my neighborhood lately.. figure this can't be a bad investment.

DSCN1462.jpg
  8. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Member 100 Posts

I do like, very clean :great: Also that locking gas cap is a great idea with a trucks big tank and the gas prices these days.

BTW love the background music in the video :glasses:
  9. AnimalYates

Haha thanks man! I am a huge PJ head. Eddie Vedder is the greatest.

Another mod in the books... You could say it was a late Christmas gift to myself. I bit the bullet and bought a Denali grille to replace my entire OEM grille, and figured that while I was at it that I'd go ahead and buy a set of headlights too. I battle back and forth with clear LED's or the black ones for awhile, but ultimately decided going with the black. I like the color contrast between the white and black, and it matches my tails too. Figured I'd update this thread because I want to be able to look back when I'm "done" (..like that'll ever happen) and see the journey from start to finish.

Of course I had to take a few pics after everything was all squared away, whats the point if there is no pic whoring!?

Tell me what you think!

DSCN1480.jpg DSCN1481.jpg DSCN1483.jpg
  10. RadoRage

RadoRage New Member

Man, read through the entire post and it was great seeing the progress. Just purchased a new-to-me 2011 silverado ext cab tx edition in white to replace "big red" and you've given me plenty of ideas. Keep em coming....