1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Programmer Advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by tecster, Dec 20, 2013.

1. tecster

tecster Member

Alright folks, I'm looking for advice on a programmer - I have a few requirements that need to be met. Those requirements are listed below, any advice or information would be helpful.

Requirements :
    Dash Mounted Screen
    Gauges built in to monitor transmission temp & such.
    Custom Tunes?
    Easy to install.
    Good customer support

I've looked into the Edge Evolution CTS and I like the idea, just trying to see what else is out there before I settle for it and make the big purchase. I don't know if there is a company out there that will sell me a tuner & custom tunes for my truck which is a 2006 Silverado 4.8L V8 w/ automatic transmission.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Get a hold of [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION] .aka Diablew. He sells the diablo tuners and does custom tunes for them. I think that they fit everything on your list.
  3. Rockman18

Rockman18 New Member

I don't think Diablo Sport sells a dash mount kit but you could do it yourself, I have the Trinity and like it a lot but was debating either doing a dash mount or pillar mount, I have the pillar adapter but would just need to get the actual pillar
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have the edge cts on my 2500hd, I just use it for the live monitoring and transmission shift points when I'm towing. I bought it almost 4 years go, and it still works like a charm. Best $249 I ever spent
  5. tecster

tecster Member

My concern is that there isn't live monitoring and it's not seamless as far as mounting.
  6. Rockman18

Rockman18 New Member

You can live monitor all sorts of info on it, I haven't messed around with that too much but I know that it has live data streaming capabilities. I have decided that I am going to remove my jump seat and make a custom console that will hold a monitor for a back up camera and my Trinity, thinking about putting an amp and a sub in it also but have to wait until after the holidays before I start that project
  7. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

The diablosport tools have the most end-user adjustable parameters available than any others... complete data logging capabilities and full parameter support.. restore original backup stock tunes at any time and no worries about warranty/dealers... PLUS, you can get CUSTOM TUNING done for the diablo tools, which you can not with the others - you'd be stuck with whatever tunes they give you on them...

The diablosport Trinity matches what you are looking for....

I sell the Trinity and I also offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$. ;)

You can find info about it, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com and http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

The Trinity comes with preset tunes on it, plus as I mentioned - you can also get custom tuning done for it... I have you do real-world driving data logs for me, so I can see exactly how YOUR truck is running, and make adjustments based on that data... it has features such as a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield suction-cup mount (like a gps), etc.

here's a link to the Trinity user manual so you can check it out:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/Trinity/Trinity_Comp_User_Manual.pdf

Any questions, please feel free to hit me up...

Thanks!
  8. tecster

tecster Member

[MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION] my concern with the "custom tunes" is I don't have any modifications done, the programmer would mostly be for fuel economy, towing and plowing to monitor gauges. I would like to get a intake and exhaust but I just don't have that kind of money right away and feel I'd better benefit from a tuner first.

So I guess my question is this, how expensive are you for tunes later down the road when I actually modify the truck?
  9. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

With the Trinity package deal it's included for just $85... By itself, the regular cost for just the custom tune is $135...
  10. tecster

tecster Member

Okay so I order your tuner & tune....I do the driving as requested and we put a custom tune on it. Then I put exhaust on it...need to retune, then I put intake on it...need a retune - how much?

I notice you're in CT, where abouts?