Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

programmer and intake suggestions?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by dinosaurslippers, Oct 27, 2011.

1. dinosaurslippers

dinosaurslippers New Member

I have an '08 GMC VMax. I'm looking to add a little power and better my mpg. I figure the most bang for my buck initially would be a programmer and a CAI.

I'm looking at the Diablo (predator or Trinity) but I've also looked at Hypertech and Superchips.

Also looking at the K&N FPIK, mostly because I found one for $200 brand new. I've heard that all CAI's are pretty much the same though...

Thoughts, suggestions?

PS, new to the site. This place is awesome.
  2. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site! I initially bought a CAI made by Volant, and I love it. I also went with the Diablo predator, after I had it up and running I could definitely tell a significant difference but that is my opinion. The only thing i also added was a flowmaster exhaust, but with all three i think my truck is a good bit quicker than stock. I just recently drove a stock one and the throttle response is horrible. So that is my thoughts and brands that i chose... Hope this helps a little...
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As for the intake make sure you get a plastic intake tube and not a metal one, there is a huge difference in heat buildup between the two. I had a k&n fipk and wasn't happy at all, metal tube was so hot you couldn't touch it. Programmers I prefer would be the Hyperpac, Trinity, Edge Evolution, mainly because these are all live monitors as well as tuning that keep track of up to 50 parameters.