1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Programmer for 06 Silverado z71

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by pamessina13, Jan 31, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. pamessina13

pamessina13 New Member

What programmer will give me the best fuel economy for a 06 silverado z71 with a 5.3l in it? also what will be the mpg gain roughly?

thanks
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Look into diablo sport. We have a vendor on here that will sell you the tuner and three custom tunes for your truck. But gas mileage has to do with your foot. I can get 17 in the city with a diablo in tune on the canned economy setting. But I drive like a grandma on campus
  3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member 100 Posts

the diablosport inTune and Trinity would both work for your truck...

I sell both of them, and I also offer a package deal for them that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save $$. ;)

here's info on the package deals:

inTune: http://intune.diablewtune.com

Trinity: http://trinity.diablewtune.com

The main difference between the Trinity and inTune is that the Trinity has some extra features (like the performance monitor) and also the live data monitoring (without having to record a log) and also graphic gauge displays... of course it does have a bigger color touch screen than the inTune as well.

I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... engine tune wise, they're the same. but I like the Trinity alot better for data logging and monitoring, since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, gauge layouts, etc so it's easier to go through while it's mounted, easier to find/select the parameters... you can save gauge/parameter layouts for logging/monitoring so you don't have to select the parameters every time - you just select a gauge layout you had saved from before, and all the parameters are already all selected and good to go... you can watch/view the data since it's mounted... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you, little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log, etc... again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for me, for my personal preferences, I like the Trinity better...

So, it's up to you man... ;-) if you don't need/want the extra bells and whistles that the Trinity has, you can go with the inTune, plus it's less expensive. My custom tuning would be the same with either one of them.

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha...

have any mods done to your truck??

absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs. city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 2 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play...

I CAN tell you that you will have a very noticable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 12-23lb. ft. torque, and 1-2mpg - over and above what the diablo tunes give you to start with... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...
  4. sierra11

sierra11 New Member 100 Posts

Yeah I've heard great things about Diablo/Diablew. I myself have BlackBear tune and it works great on my truck with hp/lbs and mpg. I have a gas guzzling 6.0L and before the custom tune on the highway and city avg I hoped for 12 but now I'm getting 13-14 easily. I managed to get 16 on one trip. Tuscaloosa isn't very friendly on mpg's so I try not to figure those numbers out.