Programmer or Intake?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Chevyman224, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok i have a question guys. I just put my rims and tires on. Now i either want a cold air intake or a programmer. Which one should i go with, the programmer or the intake? I was kind of leaning torwards the programmer because i need to get my truck recalibrated and my dealership told me its 320 dollas so i figured id get a programmer and recaibrate it on there and get a little extra hp and mpgs. Any opinions?

2. 5point3

5point3 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would go with a programmer over an intake. My $.02

3. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Custom tune....

Programmer, or go with a custom tune from one of the sponsors here on the site. I do believe there are 2 here. A custom tune is always best.

4. Chevyman224

Will a custom tune recalibrate my speedometer?

5. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'd say go for the programmer. Get the tire size set right for your speedo so your not going a diff. speed then you actually are and such. You are also going to get a few MPG, and a small power boost. I loved the results of my K&N intake but in your situation i'd get the programmer first.:great:

6. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

Pretty sure it does, but only thing i'd say about custom tunes is im pretty sure if your not satisfied with it your pretty much screwed.:grrrrrr: Thats why im leaning towards getting a hypertech or diablosport myself since if you dont like it or your not satisfied with it you can send it back and get your money back.

7. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

go for the gold and get both.

8. Chevyman224

as much as i want to get both i just can't afford to spend 800 dollars. lol but i think ill get the programmer this week and intake next month.

9. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

you could get the spectra intake and a tune for 600 that is a couple hundred less than 8 the spectra is just as good a the k&n your just buying the brand the filters are virtually the same. GOOD luck and go with wait4me

10. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

all cold air intakes are the same except the ebay cheapies.

i would go with heavy chevy on this one.