1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

programmer

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by dpowers1976, Oct 28, 2010.

1. dpowers1976

dpowers1976 New Member

hi i have the supperchips in my 2009 silverado which seems to be ok, but after reading some on this forum im wondering if it would be worth my while to sale it and buy the diablo instead. i had a custom tune in my 05 corvette and it was unbelivable, but did not think i had enough aftermarket parts on the truck to make that big of a diiferance. all i have is flowmaster, airraid cold air, and throttle spacer.
  2. rutroe

rutroe New Member

Even on a stock truck, a custom tune will do more for you than a hand-held...although you may not notice as much. And I'm fairly certain the TB spacer is just taking up space. If you plan on doing more mods, a custom tune may become a pain unless you find someone who does free retunes or you buy the software yourself.
  3. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Member

i would have to agree with rutroe.... but your still talking about buying a tunner now then possibly down the road and more mods later spend about the same amount of money to get a custom tune. you may as well just get the custom tune now.... im not sure what kinda shops you hae near you but theres a shop in jax florida called efi aclemy thats been said to get about 20-30hp on a stock motor.
  4. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

Check out black bear performance. They do custom tunes with EFIlive software. They also just released the Autocal which eliminates the need to send your pcm back to them if you need a retune. You just email them the file and they update it and send it back. then you use the autocal to update the pcm. They just moved and had a baby so be patient if they don't respond immediately.
  5. eightbol21

eightbol21 New Member

as far as programers goes has anybody heard of the superchips cortex? a buddy told me about this just seeing if anybody experienced it yet. they actually warranty your drivetrain
  6. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

I love my Diablosport. I will swear by it. If you look around you can get a good deal on them. I paid 262 for mine and I'm glad I did well worth the investment. Quicker acceleration, more torque, more hp, stiffer shifts, and you can custom the tunes yourself. Though the can tunes are very nice though.
  7. eightbol21

eightbol21 New Member

can you tune for more then 1 thing like 87 tune or premium tune when you want or is it program for one or the other? how about remembering factory settings and adjusting for tire size and gear ratio?
  8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

It does all that. It can read and clear codes. For example, the 87 octane tune (which I run) changed the shift points which stiffened them up, removed the governor, and got me more Torque and HP. Heck its "ENGINEERED TO RAISE HELL" (Their slogan)
  9. eightbol21

eightbol21 New Member

how about the diablo trinity? that one looks really good. more expensive but it looks like it does more then anything else out there
  10. hskrs10

hskrs10 New Member

Diablo Trinity is the best plug and play on the market, I like the Edge brand