1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

programmer?

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by Pflor86, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

i have an 03 duramax with a banks six gun programmer and i feel like the programmer is getting out dated. my programmer has a sensor that i had to drill into the exhaust. do other newer programmers also have this ? and are some of the newer programmers a little better? what would you guys recommend if i were going to get a new one?
  2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

If you're wanting something a LOT better than the six-gun, I would recommend getting EFI Live (and a set of gauges)..... Whether you buy the whole setup or just pay someone to give you a tune for it.... It's a lot more in-depth than a regular plug in box programmer like the six-gun though....

The sensor that the exhaust had to be drilled for is the EGT (exhaust gas temperature) probe. It is needed to tell the programmer box when to back off because the temps are getting too high. If you go with EFI Live you'll just need to get a gauge to hook up to it so you can keep an eye on it.