1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

programmers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by nickgiacalone, Mar 23, 2009.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

looking for a good programmer for a 2009 silverado 2500 with the 6.0L and the 6 speed trans. also, does it void my warranty if i add a programmer to my truck?
  2. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I had a programmer on my 2001 2500 hd all i did when i had to bring it to the dealershipl was return the settings to stock and far as i know from talking to my cousin at the dealership he told me they don't
  3. fpn

fpn New Member

I have 2008 silverado 2500HD 6.0L and installed edge. The dealership is aware of it and it doesn't void warranty according to them. Replace back stock program prior to service.
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

All good advice here. Talk to your service deapartment and ask what they say about programmers. I did with my truck and the same was mentioned that as long as it is returned to the stock tune when brought in for service, no problem.
  5. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks for the advice everyone, another question i have that kind of goes along with programmers is, how well will my hydra-matic 6 speed hold up to it? a buddy of mine blew his tranny on an f-250 (silly fords) from having too much hp for his trans to handle. (it was an original trans on a 99 power stroke with 145,000 if that could be why as well). i just dont want to be replacing a trans at 50,000 because i wanted a few more ponies