programmers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by josh02z71, May 13, 2009.

1. josh02z71

josh02z71 New Member

do the programmers give a noticeable power difference? i have only had them on diesel trucks so i was wandering what to expect before i spent the money. i dont want to be let down.

2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I have a video on my wait4meperformance tune review in the reviews section yea it gives a noticible diffrence watch the video and see for yourself

3. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider Rockstar 100 Posts

it's noticable but its not OH WOW! the real things you notice are the rev limiter, top speed limiter, shift points, slightly better fuel economy, etc. programmers are not all they're cracked up to be as far as power gains.... there was a really good thread on here a few days ago that explained all about them, maybe u can run up on it.....another option would be a custom tune from either the Black Bear or Wheatly company. in my opinion a tune is the way to go instead of a programmer.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  4. nationschevy18

nationschevy18 New Member

if ur hoping that u get the power increase that u got on ur diesel u will be let down compared to a gasoline motor. but the programmer will help alot in different situations

5. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

x2

The diesel difference is more pronounced than the gasoline one. Like people have said, you can adjust performance characteristics such as shift firmness, shift points etc. You may notice 1 mpg gain if that and a little better throttle response. The way to go is to pay to have a performance tune as Heavy Chevy said.