programmers

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2wheelmudder, Sep 1, 2009.

1. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

do they make programmers for 95 chevy 5.7l? i wanna recalibrate my speedometer first of all, cuz the big tires any help is much appreciated

2. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Don't think they make programers for a '95, they make chips but don't know if they change the speedo, might have to change the speedo gear?

3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm pretty sure they don't make a programmer for the 95 and earlier models. This is due to the trucks running OBDII harnesses. I myself have a 95 and it was a pain in the a$$ trying to find someone with an OBDI scanner when my engine light came on...

Ur speedo will probably have to be regeared, but I'm not 100% on that. Jimmee would know, he's the man when it comes to transmissions, just shoot him a pm and ask him.

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The dealer can reprogram your speedometer but it's done in the DRAC module. What's easier is to purchase a speedometer calibration box which attaches to the VSS at the transmission.

Click Here

5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

SEE, if its transmission related, Jimmiee is our encyclopedia...

6. 2wheelmudder

haha thanks jimmiee, can i buy that module then or do i just go to a dealer and have them reprogram it?

7. 2wheelmudder

nvm what i said first, where can i get a speedometer calibration box?

8. 2wheelmudder