Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

programmers

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2wheelmudder, Sep 1, 2009.

1. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

do they make programmers for 95 chevy 5.7l? i wanna recalibrate my speedometer first of all, cuz the big tires any help is much appreciated

2. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Don't think they make programers for a '95, they make chips but don't know if they change the speedo, might have to change the speedo gear?

3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm pretty sure they don't make a programmer for the 95 and earlier models. This is due to the trucks running OBDII harnesses. I myself have a 95 and it was a pain in the a$$ trying to find someone with an OBDI scanner when my engine light came on...

Ur speedo will probably have to be regeared, but I'm not 100% on that. Jimmee would know, he's the man when it comes to transmissions, just shoot him a pm and ask him.

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The dealer can reprogram your speedometer but it's done in the DRAC module. What's easier is to purchase a speedometer calibration box which attaches to the VSS at the transmission.

Click Here

5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

SEE, if its transmission related, Jimmiee is our encyclopedia...

6. 2wheelmudder

haha thanks jimmiee, can i buy that module then or do i just go to a dealer and have them reprogram it?

7. 2wheelmudder

nvm what i said first, where can i get a speedometer calibration box?

8. 2wheelmudder