Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Programming Transmission, Need Advice

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by KrazyKowboy, Mar 18, 2011.

1. KrazyKowboy

KrazyKowboy New Member

Hey guys, so my buddy is thinking of selling me his programmer on the cheap and is going to let me use it to see if I like it. So my question is what should I set my shift firmness up too? Should I mess with the shift points? If so where should I put them? The truck is an 05 Silverado 1500 5.3L with a 3.23? tranny im assuming, its the stock tranny.

2. KrazyKowboy

KrazyKowboy New Member

hahaha ok so now I'm really confused, I cannot figure out what my gear ratio is. Is there an easy way to do this?

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

before you do this see if it's vin locked? If it is it will not work on your truck. Also do you have a CAI or Exhust system?

4. KrazyKowboy

KrazyKowboy New Member

We set his back to factory so its not VIN locked. I dont have either of those, yet. Just bought the truck

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What brand programmer and how much you paying??

6. KrazyKowboy

KrazyKowboy New Member

Hypertech, $100 if I want it. Might save up for a bullydog tho?

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Save up for a Diablo Preditor, you'll like it.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

MarylandSpeed.com has Diablo Preditors for $279.00 shipped.