1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by bocajapache, May 11, 2005.

Random Gallery Photos

1. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

ok, I am thinking of purchasing the projector headlights. Anybody know if it is worth it and the best place. I think I have found them for 200.00 or so.
    THanks,
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Hmm, what benefit are these supposed to provide to the user? Is it style? I have seen them, but I'n not sure what they do. Anyone help a guy out?
  3. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

The Benefits? Well, supposedly they are supposed to increase the distance of light and have much brighter illumination. Yes, I guess they would be for some looks but they basically look like the newer vehicle head light casings, with all the mirror reflectors behind the headlight bulb. If anybody knows anything about this, please let me know. I sure would hate to blow money on it.
    Thanks,
  4. shotgun

shotgun New Member

Just wondering if you ever went ahead with this purchase and if so how it all worked out.
  5. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

no,not yet..kinda still debating on spending my money on it.
  6. dexterdog

dexterdog New Member

What year is your ride? I have projectors on my '98 Tahoe. Got them off of egay for 90 greenbacks. I don't really see an improvement. It would be nice to custom mount some HID lights. They look nice though.
  7. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

well, I was going to get them. I have a 99 Tahoe. Hey, you want to do some more to your tahoe Dexter!!! Check Engine Forums and read Glass packs. Anyway. I was going to get some, but I think I will just leave them. I thought they would help out as far as being brighter and instead, I just adjusted my headlights to aim a little higher wich is working great! Thanks for the Feedback Dexter.
  8. ChevyFan

Just get a light bar and get some KC's. :)
  9. Giz

Giz New Member

I put silverstar bulbs in my lo and high beams and my foglights. made a huge difference. Also put in high beam relay that lets all the lights stay on when highbeam is on. Helps in the dark stretches of florida
  10. ChevyFan

Do they really make that big of a difference? What about city driving?