1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Projectors and HID's

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by mashburn, Aug 20, 2009.

1. mashburn

mashburn Rockstar

2. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

You should be able to use your HID's with the new lights. I havent seen any projector headights that are sealed beam. Just make sure that the bulb sizes are the same.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Blazerado is right about the bulb size, there is an aluminum holder inside of the headlight that is about 2" thick to snap the base of the bulb into. Most of the aftermarket projector headlights have either a H3 or H1 bulb, so if you have the 9005/9006 it won't work with those. I just saw someone that tryed to do that on another forum, and he ended up ordering the correct bulb type in HID because he couldn't cut through the aluminum holder. Good luck! :glasses:
  4. tech2332

tech2332 Rockstar

X2. You should be able to change the bulb. Most people recommend changing to H.I.D. Bulbs if you get Halo Projectors because the stock bulbs that come with the projectors don't light up too much.
  5. mashburn

mashburn Rockstar

Ok thanks guys so im guessing i just need to order some shorter bulbs and i will be good to go...thanks again