1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Proper Introduction...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ODogg, Jun 12, 2008.

1. ODogg

ODogg Member

I joined a while ago and already started a few threads...however, I realized that I didn't go through the proper double-secret n00b gauntlet protocol.

That being said, here is short bio:

I am 32 and I live in Lexington, KY. I have been happily married since 2006 to a gal who is prettier than me. We are expecting our first child, a son, in September.

I am an advertising consultant for a media company. In addition, I run my own graphic design and marketing firm.

We have a 2007 Yukon, which can be seen as a ROTM submission in the gallery forum. We also have a 2002 Trailblazer LS that serves as the "travel" vehicle, my wife's commuter ride, and the dogmobile.

My favorite cut of beef is the Strip...I'll occasionally order a Filet if we are at a good steak house. I also have a weakness for bread and french fries.

My favorite colors are red and black.

I am a musician in my spare time and I don't read as much as I used to.

I don't watch much TV....sports being the exception. Shows that I do watch, I watch religiously..."The Office" being an example.

I recently switched to a Mac...and I will never look back.

I'm on Xbox Live quite a bit...usually playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Gamertag is x O Dogg x if you want to play sometime.

Is that enough? It was going to be short, but I got on a roll.

:p
  2. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

welcome to the site :great:
  3. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre Rockstar 100 Posts

:sign0016: Moindrifically excellent intro !!! You and I could get along well as some of your favorite things are also mine!! What instument do you play? I have a 2001 Fender American Fat Strat paterned after SRV's "Number One". What breed are your dogs? I have two VERY ROTTEN Rotweilers. Isaac is almost 8 and Rebecca is almost 9 months. I love em' and you could take my wife before you would get my dogs! Just Kidding, but I do love em' Bread is also one of my favorite foods, it goes with tverything, I also LOVE " ICE COLD" milk.We have been married for 23 years and have two kids. Your life will never be the same, you just think you know love...just wait.:great:
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice intro, you will fit right in perfectly!
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to being an active member on the site! We have a lot in common career wise it looks like.
  6. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I believe that is the most thorough introduction I've ever read! Congratulations on the future new addition to your family!
  7. ODogg

ODogg Member

Padre, I have a 2003 Martin HD-35 with a Fishman Matrix natural II Pickup. I also have a Larrivee D-03...which really gives the Martin a run for its money, despite the fact that it was about 1/3 of the price.

Both dogs are mutts...one (Justice) a beagle mix and the other (George) a Choc Lab and Bloodhound mix (at least, it is our best guess.) The fat cat is black and his name is Jackson...he's about 17 lbs.

Funny that one of your dogs is named Isaac...that is going to be our son's first name. Weird. Cue the "Twilight Zone" theme.

Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome!
  8. ODogg

ODogg Member

What do you do, Steve? And thanks for keeping the forum going!
  9. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre Rockstar 100 Posts

I think that is cool! I had wanted a Rott for a very long time when I finally was able to get him, I named him Issac after Abraham and Sarra's only son....The son of promise. I named the female after Isaac's wife Rebecca. I hope to have some pups in about 18 months. I want to wait till Becca is at least two. Rotties mature very slow. Man that is a FAT CAT!!!!! What do ya feed that thing?!?!?!:lol:
  10. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Vegas2 is awesome!