1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pros and Cons of Oversized Wheel Rims for Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BurbanShopper, Nov 11, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. BurbanShopper

BurbanShopper New Member

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of oversized wheel rims on a Suburban? I'm not interested in the sporty look, but rather in the towing, loading, handling and long term maintenance issues associated with them. Thanks a bunch!
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Pros:
    They look great.
    Depending on design can offer better cooling for the brakes.

Cons:
    Depending on design you may be adding unsprung weight to the truck reducing gas mileage, performance, and stopping ability.
    To large of a diameter wheel will reduce gas mileage, performance, and stopping ability.
    22's plus are in big demand at midnight auto supply and require more security to remain yours.
    Larger diameter will can confuse ABS brake systems and render them inoperable with dash lights, and cause problems with transmission computers that use speed sensoring.
  3. S/C TrailBlazer

S/C TrailBlazer New Member

Pros

They're show stoppers
    Thats it...

Cons
    They look retarded
    Please no spinners
    Tires ware quick
    Just buy a DUB City. :lol:
  4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member 100 Posts

Pros:
    increased payload capacity (if you go for larger tires, not rims)

Cons:
    gotta go slow over bumps (if you go with larger rims and thin tires)
    worstened gas milage
  5. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Amen to that brother.:great:
    I can't stand spinners. Can you believe that people in Los Angeles were murdered for them.
  6. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

and that my friends is why i have the cheapest chrome wheels on my truck that discount tire makes :)
  7. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

and that my friend is why i run black steelies on my jeep! $40 a rim! :great:
  8. S/C TrailBlazer

S/C TrailBlazer New Member

Nope, Lmao. DUB City Suburban FTW!

Here mate, [​IMG] Black 2002 Suburban on 4's.

[​IMG] Black 2002 Suburban on 34's..... You can have 'em bother for just $49.99 plus shipping and handling. :lol:
  9. DRMZ28

DRMZ28 New Member

they can throw your speedometer off. depending on size