1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Proud New Chevy Owner....

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Toyo Mojo, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Toyo Mojo

Toyo Mojo New Member

Hey folks -- wanted to take a quick second to say hey and thanks for the awesome forum....my name is Sam, live in northwest Arkansas, and I recently purchased a Summit White 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD....trucks have come so far over the years and the new rig is awesome. I traded in a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that I lifted 4 inches w/37's and a whole lotta other goodies...I enjoyed the Jeep Forum I was part of and it taught me a lot and I'm hoping to learn just as much here so I can get to wrenching on the truck....some pics of the new ride are below...thanks again for having me and look forward to meeting some great folks.

IMG_0779.jpg IMG_0780.jpg
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome Sam! Truck looks good, but I wanna see pics of the Jeep!
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to th club, Sam.
  4. Toyo Mojo

Toyo Mojo New Member

thanks for the welcome fellas...ask and ye shall receive.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    IMG_0642.jpg
  5. Toyo Mojo

Toyo Mojo New Member

thanks for the welcome fellas...I tried to post a few pics of the Jeep but I guess I have to wait for a moderator to approve the first post...? As soon as I get approval I will post some up for you to see...I have grand plans for the truck already....

Sam
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard Sam. Congratulations on the new truck. How did you like your Jeep? I considered the new 4-door Jeep when I was looking and love the new ones. They just have to do something with that motor. Can you say V-8?
  7. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Nice ride Sam! Welcome aboard.
  8. Toyo Mojo

Toyo Mojo New Member

Al -- I loved the Jeep but definitely not the performance...after my mods I was sitting around 13.7 MPG...granted, I didn't do anything motor wise to enhance anything and the next thing on the list would have been re-gearing (which I've been told might have gotten me 1-2 more MPG at best).....they definitely need to do something to enhance it....2012 should be bringing out the pentastar motor so we'll see....I'm perfectly happy with the 5.3 in the Chevy though...seems like it can be lifted and still draw more than enough power to roll it along comfortably. Thanks for the welcome!

Sam
  9. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What would these "grand plans" be you speak of??!!
  10. Toyo Mojo

Toyo Mojo New Member

well I plan to do a lift (still haven't decided height yet), some new fenders, new tires/wheels, some other small interior/exterior mods that will help it come alive.....