1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Proud new owner, with a Q

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 09silvy, Jun 10, 2009.

1. 09silvy

09silvy New Member

What's up everyone, went to look at a new Camaro and possibly end up buying one and came home with a 09 ext cab silvy afm and havnt been happier. I love it. I allways onw and drive chevys, I traded a 01 ram ext cab 4x4 lifted 5.9 and loved the looks of the truck but hated driving it, rode like a box car and very VERY little power, I've owned a bunch of z71's and a tahoe, and currently own a 72 chevy truck and decided to buy a brand new 09 2wd and was the best vehicle I've purchased in a long time.
    I've been lingering around for a while reading and admireing yalls rides, and decided to say hey and ask a Q, I wanted remote start, power folding mirrors, fog lights and dual climate control on an ext cab with graystone mettalic. Well they found one with everything except dual climate control is it possible to just switch out the control unit or would I be wasting my money on something that won't work, I know they pre wire most things now for everything to save on cost ex: pre wired for fog lights even if your truck doesn't have them, any help will be gratefull thanks,
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. bob13

bob13 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

As you can see your truck sounds familiar. I have all those options and the dual climate control, I will see if I can check my dealer,(I have an appointment early next week) and look at my ruck to see if I can tell you anything in the mean time. Good choice on the truck, although I am just a little biased.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

grats on the purchase
  4. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

congrats, and welcome
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  6. 08victoryredZ71

08victoryredZ71 New Member

Welcome! To the site!
  7. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member 100 Posts

Sounds like a really nice truck. I would assume that the dealer would be able to take care of that for you since that is an option. Good luck. Welcome to the club.

-Greg
  8. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

post some pics your ride.
  9. psmsmallengines

psmsmallengines New Member

Where did you get your lift kit? Did you install it yourself? Patrick
  10. bubba33

bubba33 New Member 100 Posts

I doubt you can get that done. Without it costing a arm and leg.