GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Proud new owner, with a Q

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 09silvy, Jun 10, 2009.

1. 09silvy

09silvy New Member

What's up everyone, went to look at a new Camaro and possibly end up buying one and came home with a 09 ext cab silvy afm and havnt been happier. I love it. I allways onw and drive chevys, I traded a 01 ram ext cab 4x4 lifted 5.9 and loved the looks of the truck but hated driving it, rode like a box car and very VERY little power, I've owned a bunch of z71's and a tahoe, and currently own a 72 chevy truck and decided to buy a brand new 09 2wd and was the best vehicle I've purchased in a long time.
    I've been lingering around for a while reading and admireing yalls rides, and decided to say hey and ask a Q, I wanted remote start, power folding mirrors, fog lights and dual climate control on an ext cab with graystone mettalic. Well they found one with everything except dual climate control is it possible to just switch out the control unit or would I be wasting my money on something that won't work, I know they pre wire most things now for everything to save on cost ex: pre wired for fog lights even if your truck doesn't have them, any help will be gratefull thanks,
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. bob13

bob13 New Member

As you can see your truck sounds familiar. I have all those options and the dual climate control, I will see if I can check my dealer,(I have an appointment early next week) and look at my ruck to see if I can tell you anything in the mean time. Good choice on the truck, although I am just a little biased.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member

grats on the purchase
  4. cascott325

cascott325 New Member

congrats, and welcome
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

Welcome to the site!
  6. 08victoryredZ71

08victoryredZ71 New Member

Welcome! To the site!
  7. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

Sounds like a really nice truck. I would assume that the dealer would be able to take care of that for you since that is an option. Good luck. Welcome to the club.

-Greg
  8. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member

post some pics your ride.
  9. psmsmallengines

psmsmallengines New Member

Where did you get your lift kit? Did you install it yourself? Patrick
  10. bubba33

bubba33 New Member

I doubt you can get that done. Without it costing a arm and leg.
  11. kwconch021

kwconch021 New Member

congrats and welcome..
    the fog lights u can order as long as u have the inserts in your bumper for them
    remote start and power folding mirrors u can also order and probably install yourself if youve got the patience.
    dual climate im not sure about, possibly could be a control unit switch but you may need a few other pieces that go with it. check with your dealer for that
    until then check online for the rest, you can find them a lot cheaper than for what the dealer would sell it to u for.

good luck!
  12. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member

Welcome aboard!
  13. bubba33

bubba33 New Member

He said he has everything except auto climate control.There has been othe posts about changing it over and its not just a easy swap and go.
  14. s5belford

s5belford New Member

congrats on the new truck!!! I have a 09 with the remote start, fog lamps, power folding mirrors, BUT my truck doesn't have the radio controls on the steering wheel and I really wanted that I went into the dealership to check on prices and they said it would be over a thousand, which blows my mind!!! I don't understand why it isn't just a plug and play! but all the trucks I've looked at only the ones with the dual climate control has the radio controls on the wheel and mine doesn't have the dual climate, I'm a little bummed that it isn't as easy as I thought but I still love my truck anyways!
  15. shurshot

shurshot New Member

Welcome & Nice choice! I got the 09 GMC Ext cab Sierra and after looking at it for a while it hit me that there were no fog lights, but it had everything else! I asked the salesman what it would cost to have them installed and he told me 300.00 for the hardware and then the stealership would charge me 100.00 to flash the computer to make it work with my factory setup! :grrrrrr: Of course I said no thanks as I can purchase aftermarket and do it myself!

Good Luck! JC
  16. 09silvy

09silvy New Member

Sorry its been so long for a post, ive been remodiling my living room, dinning room, and now my Kitchen. Ive checked into the dual climate control and it wont work. None to less I still like the truck, might just trade it in, in about a yr to get everything I want or not :lol:. Anyways thanks for everyones help and hope you like the pics of my truck and my 72 again sorry for taking so long,

I guess youll have to click on the pics for full size dont know what I did wrong?

09silvy & 72web.jpg

My 09 and 72

09silvyweb.jpg

In The Mountains of NC about 30 mins from my House

09silvy 2web.jpg

09silvy 3web.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  17. s5belford

s5belford New Member

good looking truck!
  18. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Congrats on the new truck!
  19. 09silvy

09silvy New Member

Are you the one on craigslist looking to trade grills, you have a good looking truck. I live about an hour from you. I believe I've seen your truck around.

And thanks everyone for y'alls compliments, hopefully ill have wheels and a hood for it real soon then I'm gonna paint it two tone of some sort. I allready have a flowmaster muffler waiting to go on it, as soon as I get back from my cruise this month.

Any suggestions (opinions) on wether I should lower it or lift, I'm still undecided being I've never had a lifted 2wd before any problems people have had on lifted 2wds that y'all know of?