1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

proud owner of a 1978 chevy k10 custom deluxe! bbc under the hood

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by shipma2, Apr 7, 2012.

1. shipma2

shipma2 New Member

A 1978 Chevy K10 with a bbc (big block chevy) in it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Contrats. You can have a whole lot of fun with that truck. Do you have any specific plans for it yet? I'd love to find myself a truck like that with a short bed. That'd be a fun long term project/toy.
  3. shipma2

shipma2 New Member

it will probably be an offroader when i get the funds to lift it, it has alot of power and a 12 bolt rear end, which from my research is not too common on the half tons as most had ten bolt rear ends idk. My friends 78 blazer has a ten bolt
  4. 4x4squared

4x4squared Member 2 Years 100 Posts

both my 84 c10 and 86 k10 have 10 bolts. 12 bolts are great axles... my initial plans were for a 12 bolt rear in my k10.
  5. outalne94z71

outalne94z71 Member

78 was the changeover year, 10 and 12 bold could be found in them that year, there were even a few 79 that the 12b was found in from the axles still laying around, same thing with the dana 44 front
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That looks like a good platform for a mud BEAST!!
  7. shipma2

shipma2 New Member

my thoughts exactly :) that will be the plan when i get the money to lift it and such, i am upgrading it to a 205 transfer case rather soonish when i get the funds the be the first thing as i do not like the 203 on it now
  8. osgprometheus

osgprometheus Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Sweet truck, welcome aboard.