1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PSA: for those looking to do color-matched bowties.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by McClintoc, Mar 1, 2014.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I recently ordered a new grille for my truck. Still waiting on it to show up... It does not come with a bowtie but of course has a place for one. So, I also ordered a solid aluminum bowtie to put in the grille. Anyway, I decided I'd like to color-match my front bowtie during this exterior upgrade.

I ordered a vinyl wrap from here: http://www.webxtremes.com/chevybowtiewrapdecals.htm

The problem is, they don't really have any good pics of their bowtie wraps so I wasn't sure exactly what I was getting. What I wanted was a full wrap so I could completely cover the edges of my new bowtie and wrap the vinyl around to the back to protect it better. I just have this fear that the edges of a sticker that only covers the face of the bowtie would start to peel away after a while. Therefore, I decided to buy one of each to be safe. In the fourth drop-down menu, I selected one [Grille] and one [11.165" x 4.81"] - after measuring my grille emblem, of course. Based on what I wanted, the "wrap" was the correct choice but again, with out any photos on the site, I just wasn't sure what they meant by "grille".

Since my order showed up, I thought I'd share what each one looks like so others will know what to buy if they care to color-match their bowties. In the pic below, my new bowtie is sitting on the 11.165x4.81" wrap and the "grille" option is below it.

[​IMG]
  2. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

So, the wrap is just a sheet that you get to aggravate yourself with trying to install it?
    McClintoc likes this.
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

YES! It was a bit aggravating to put on the bowtie. In fact, the first time around, I didn't like how it turned out so I removed it, order another wrap and did it again.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow. Seems like they should have prepared people better for that.