1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Psychotrshman's '95 V8 K1500

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by psychotrshman, Feb 8, 2011.

1. psychotrshman

psychotrshman New Member

I have had quite a few people help me out with questions I've had and decided to show everyone what it is I'm fixing to tear apart. This is my 1995 Chevy Silverado K1500 V8 Extended Cab 4x4. My dad and I are going to tear it down to the frame and replace everything as we build it back new. The cab and bed will both be replaced completely with salvaged ones (once I can find them) due to the severe rust damage that can be seen in the photos. I know they make replacement panels, but I can't weld, nor do I own the equipment needed. Hope you enjoy them. I had too many pictures to create an album through here so I made it using Photobucket. The link is below. http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g480/psychotrshman/Truck Restoration Project/
  2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Dang... that should be a fun (but tedious) process. I'm interested to see how it goes for you. You'll have to keep updating us with pictures.
  3. psychotrshman

psychotrshman New Member

I plan on posting pictures through out the whole process. Since I've had a hard time finding walkthroughs for some of the more difficult tasks, I'm going to be creating those as I go as well so that others can have them to use.
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You gonna do anything custom while you'll have the whole thing apart??
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

One thing that is "custom" that i would try to find is a 1996 up 3rd door cab, it will bolt in place, and put your wiring harness in and bang you now have a third door cab. More room. I was planning to do something similar with a 92-94 body style at some point.
  6. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Looks fun! Keep us posted on it.
  7. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

That'll be a fun project. I didn't see a lot of rust in your pics. Where is it too bad to repair?
  8. psychotrshman

psychotrshman New Member

The rust isn't too bad to repair, they just want 4000 to fix it and I can't weld or anything to fix it myself. As for customizations, were going to do a 2 or 3 inch body lift, dual exhaust from the engine back, custom interior, a cranking stero system, and if it doesn't require to re-machine the engine we want to add either a blower or velocity stacks. Will the three door or crew cab body fit on the frame of an extended cab with a 6ft bed? Cuz I like the way that sounds...
  9. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Yes on the third door cab. No on the crew cab. You would have to extend the frame.