1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pulling Codes...

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Thunderchild, Mar 22, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Thunderchild

Thunderchild New Member

I cannot find out how to pull the trouble codes on my 2004 tahoe. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Thanks in advance!!
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The easiest way is with a scan tool. If you don't have one you could take it Auto Zone and they will scan it for you.
  3. Thunderchild

Thunderchild New Member

OK Thanks. I can pull my codes on my Durango without the tool. I just thought there would be a way to do it on the Tahoe. Thanks for the information.
    :great:
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah unfortunately they made the OBD II system a bit more advanced, because on the OBD II vehicles you could run a jumper wire to two of the ALDL connector terminals and it would flash the dash light in a sequence that you could look up like Morris Code.

The cheaapest scanner I know that you can buy is an Actron from Auto Zone for about $50.00, I would just have them check it for you.