1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pulling motor on 99 Suburban 2500

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Stevodod, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Stevodod

Stevodod New Member

I'm pulling the blown motor on my 1999 Chevy Suburban 2500 tomorrow, and want to know what pitfalls to look out for- it's been years since I pulled a motor.

Anyone have a step by step guide, is it in the Chiltons's books?

I know to jack up the motor, support the tranny, loosen motor mounts, drain power steering fluid and radiator, remove radiator, remove wiring harness hookups, etc....but what about the AC? Can you take hoses off from places and not leak coolant?

Also, the tranny/engine meeting looks a bit tricky, and lots of lines run for AC....

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Stevo
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

AC !!!!!!!!!!!, i would just unbolt compressor and move all that out off the way ...kind off hard but it works..unless u drain the system !!!!!
  3. Stevodod

Stevodod New Member

thanks

Cool, that helped. I've got almost everything off and all fluids drained, just going to jack the tranny, then jack the engine, then get the motor mounts, then the last 4 tranny bolts, and it should go!

What a job, nothing like my old '69 firebird (miss her!).

Stevo!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah there is a lot more stuff to get in the way.. good luck with the rebuild...