Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

pulling the trigger on a 09 2500!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by hunter541, Sep 21, 2011.

1. hunter541

hunter541 New Member

hi forum members i haven't posted here for a while i have the opertunity to buy a 09 crew 4wd ls 2500 with 26,000 miles on it for 24k i thought this was a decent price truck is in nice shape the fuel mileage is my only downfall with the truck.i have a nice 1500 ls crew now love the ride and mileage but the gearing sucks for towing and the 09 has a warrenty i just put a trans in my truck it had bad torqe converter shudder i wanted it rite.my truck has 64k on it, so any input would be great i dont have to drive it for work just vacation and 4wheeling and snowmobiling,my ideal truck is a 6.2 max crew 1500 but there's not many out there and alot more money well yaped enough thanks

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Based on the prices where I am, that seems like a good price for an 09 2500 with that low of mileage. As far as the fuel mileage, we rented a Yukon XL 2500 with the 6.0 and 6 speed transmission that the 2500HD trucks have - the Yukon probably weighs about the same or possibly a bit more than a 2500HD truck - and it got about 17MPG while we were driving it. In comparison, thats very similar to what my 2003 Avalanche is getting with the 5.3