1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pulls hard to right

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Blue-98 Blue-98, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Blue-98 Blue-98

Blue-98 Blue-98 New Member

Just bought a 98 Silverado and it pulls hard to the right. Took it to 3 shops and got 3 answers. From total front end rebuild to wrong size tires. My question to you is- is there one part that would contribute to the pull to the right, maybe Pittman or Idler arm. I know the front end is worn and I can live with that but the hard pull to the right has to be fixed. Thanks guys!!
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

On my dad's old 92, he had a hard pull because a tire developed a "egg" in the tire.

Is it 2wd or Z71?
  3. Blue-98 Blue-98

Blue-98 Blue-98 New Member

Z71, tires appear ok but I will rotate and try that, thanks.
  4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Oh yeah thats why mine pulled too was the tires. After I got new ones it didn't do it as bad. But whole truck needs a rebuild.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bought my current truck with a broken pitman arm assembly on the passenger side ... and it didn't pull. There was just a pile of play in the steering system... :neutral:
  6. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!! Does it do it constantly or just when you brake, if it's only when you're breaking then you should have them looked at.. Also instead of completely rotating the tires just switch them to the opposite side of the truck, then if it begins pulling to the left you know the issue! Again, welcome!
  7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! I know you said you had done a complete rebuild, but did you have itg aligned afterwards?
  9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sounds like you definitely have a front end issue. Lots of parts can make your vehicle pull to the right. Does the steering wheel also shimmy or shake at certain speeds? How does it feel going over bumps? And strange noises?

It sucks that all three shops gave you a different answer each. If there is a sister shop in the next closest town to one of the three, I would almost suggest driving it there to see what they say, if you feel comfortable driving the truck that far.
  10. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, It's good to have you with us. :glasses: