Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Purchase the W/T package and upgrade to better than LTZ through 3rd parties?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by PantheraUncia, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It's called a Modding Party....:party: Bring the Pizza and drinks and the rest will show up to help....
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION] I like the way you think. But it would turn out to be more beer or should I say consumed that work being done.
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I like what I am hearing and what I have gotten out of this is:

1. I can get most of what I want to upgrade out of a junked truck to replace parts on the new one, As alox and surreal have stated, this will be a daily driver and I can't be consumed spending my spare time ripping off the w/t parts and replacing them with the ones I find in the junnk yard, so I am willing to pay someone one.

2. Parts from the junk yard don't have a warranty, then again, if they are GM parts, the dealer really can't say much

3. I avoid all that mess going with a factory authorized vendor for the upfitting and I maintain the warranty and it will still be a unique one of a kind truck and I don't spend my spare time changing parts out.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I like that.... have like 15 people over and do all the mods in 8 hours ...... provide alcohol and food.... but then no one will get anything done. :)
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Hey I don't drink......:gasp: Just give me some dew....
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Same.... Guess were be doing alot of work in this situation :lol:
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't drink when I mod -- but with the right company I'll drink a beer or two afterward, when I've earned it.

As far as mod parties, usually such parties entail a gathering of individuals who have differing skillsets (with some overlap, of course). The trick is that the host of such a party has to be among those bringing skills to the table and doing work, too. It's generally offensive to do nothing, yourself, and want to pay people with pizza and beer ... specifically because the value of the experience and labor people bring to the table is worth a HELL of a lot more than pizza and beer. No one cares about it if the host is working just as hard as everyone else ... but if it's a stand back, hands-off, pay people with pizza and beer approach, that's an epic fail and an insult.

Also, if you host such a party you have to be willing and able to attend such a party and help someone else by lending your experience/labor to their cause just as they did your own. That's what's right and proper...
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  7. Enkeiavalanche

vipers gtg 001.jpg vipers gtg 015.jpg vipers gtg 024 (Custom).jpg vipers gtg 078 (Custom).jpg vipers gtg 018 (Custom).jpg Well I gotta say When we used to do a TON and Av Modding we had HUGE GTG's and did everything from Chrome stick on's to Vette Servo's FLDRL's Everything you can think of...

- - - Updated - - -

Then we Ate.:party:.. AB (Custom).jpg vipers gtg 067 (Custom).jpg vipers gtg 048.jpg Just good friends with things in common.. HAVING FUN MODDING TRUCKS...:great:
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's how it should be!
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks like a good time to me.

Alex
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Yes they were Some Good'ol times...