Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Purchasing aftermarket parts on Ebay

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GMCErica, Dec 20, 2011.

1. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hey Guys!
    Just curious, has anyone purchased any aftermarket parts off of Ebay? I need everyone's input... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...

Thanks

2. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I bought some clear corner lights once and I was happy with them even though they were manufactured and sold by some asian company Ive never heard of. I would buy of Ebay if your buying a good brand name product, but be careful about off brand products.

3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

there are alot of great deals on EBAY. Just be sure to check the sellers rating. Also shop around on the internet. In some cases you can find it cheaper else where.

4. GMCErica

Thanks Guys! knew I could count on you guys for good advice :)

5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I have bought many things on EBay. The insurance policy is excellent ,when you get a bad vendor, for protection from scam artists.
    By checking Amazon and a few other buying sites you will find some better bargains.
    Do not always trust the ratings. There is one camera company that has to good to be true prices and they sell black market products. This particular company sells under 6 or more different names. Always remember buyer beware.

6. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I purchase a blower motor from my burb that was new old stock. It was made by Siemens a respected name in electrical equipment. I also purchased a couple of door handles to put on a neighbors truck. They reimbursed me the cost including the shipping to return the parts. The seller made it good shipping the replacements before they received the first set they sent.

That being said, I always read the fine print and ask questions if something does not sound right.

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I can recommend A1 autoparts. I have bought multiple things off them, and have had nothing but good luck. Some examples of the deals I got:

99 Jimmy power mirror $48.00
    99 Jimmy oem style chrome grille $38.00
    01 Oldsmobile Alero blower motor and resistor $35.00
    01 Envoy front clip (2 headlights, and grille) $112.00
    01 Oldsmobile Alero hub bearing $35.00

The best part of all this was it was all free shipping!!!

8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Pretty much everything I've bought for my trucks has been off of eBay, as far as aftermarket stuff goes. I try to buy locally, but I'm patient enough to pay for something cheaper online and wait for it. Be careful to not buy stuff that looks like it's dirt cheap, but has super high shipping rates. Lots of posts on eBay like that.

9. GMCErica

You guys are awesome! I want my new grille, and Ebay has it, but I cant find it anywhere else... I am hesitant to buy a big item like this on Ebay... I buy things online all the time, but never car parts... Has anyone ever heard of this seller gt racers or optionracing?? let me know if anyone has dealt with them or heard of them...
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!

10. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ok lets see, bought my rims ,tires, grille, SS bumper, escalade handles, caliper paints, caliper decals, tailgate handle, tailgate handle bezel,.....needless to say I'm pretty comfortable buying on E-bay, in fact e-bay gift cards are what I request as birthday and Christmas gifts. I buy lots of other ,non truck related stuff on e-bay too, just look at the sellers reputation and feedback, and I usually only buy from sellers in the U.S.and Canada.