Purchasing aftermarket parts on Ebay

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GMCErica, Dec 20, 2011.

1. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hey! Your confidence in purchasing car parts off ebay, makes me more confident in purchasing the grille. Have you ever heard of gt_racer? he is out the states. He has a good rating, but only two out the 4 people he sold to, posted comments, can you check out this link? thanks... for all your help..
    link from Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2008-G...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
    THANKS!! Happy Holidays

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Happy Christmas to you too! I checked out your link and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them, they have a good feedback rating above 98%, and judging by the look of the page they look professional and legit to me. By the way that grille looks pretty good too, should be a nice addition to your Envoy, post pics when you get it on!

3. GMCErica

Your awesome!! I am going to buy it... I always wanted it... I am going to post pics when I get it... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4. GMCErica

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!! :) Gonna post pics when I install it... Gonna be sweet

5. audihenry

audihenry New Member

Aftermarket parts on eBay cand be hit or miss. Many parts do not fit right and often they do not perform as well as the OEM equivalent. After all, they're copies and sold at cheap prices.

In most cases, I would recommend buying used OEM parts rather than new aftermarket parts. Case in point, bought non-OEM (some Chinese thing at Auto Zone) fuel pump for our E250. Burned out within a week!! Now I have to take it out, take it back, and get a replacement. Guess what? The second one lasted a little over a week. In other words, crap. I ended up getting a used one from a salvage yard for half the price, and so far so good.

Second example, I wanted a door handle for my GMT400 Suburban and look around the net. Found a bunch on eBay by Cardone (pretty well known aftermarket brand). However, looked further into it, and it turns out the holes on the aftermarket handle did not precisely fit the original holes. Attractively priced, but you pay for it in one way or another later. Went with a junkyard door handle, fit perfect and works right.

Point is, sometimes you can get great deals. Other times, you get junk. How do you know which is which? You don't. If you want to go with long term reliability (assuming non-trim type parts), get an OEM one, or a used OEM if it's out of your budget.

6. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

just remember to use Pay Pal account for ebay purchases. This way your 100% covered on what you buy and its alot easier to win a dispute when using Paypal. I have bought plenty on Ebay including a 1971 Classic Ford Bronco and have never been burned once. Just click on the sellers name,check his feed back and read all the comments posted.

7. GMCErica

8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I also wouldn't hesitate to buy from that seller. They've done over 100,000 transactions and had 98% satisfaction, so it should be pretty safe. I've never bought anything from them, but I have seen that seller around for quite a while now.

As a side note, I have bought everything from cheap radio harnesses to mirrors to a full set of seats out of an Avalanche on eBay and just by being careful about what I buy, I've never had a problem with anything.

9. GMCErica

Hey! Thanks... Next paycheck.. She is mine!!! Muahaha!! lol THANKS EVERYONE for their input into this thread.. means a lot to me! that you guys are looking out for me, cause if I got scammed...I would be one pissed off Women... haha

10. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Oh we definitely don't need anymore pissed off women in this world.
    Looking forward to all your pics being posted, not just the grille. Lol