Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Put the truck in the ditch today

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by pmf608, Jul 18, 2010.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, embarassing driving story of the day for me here. I was leaving a party that I stayed overnight at, and it was out at a farm. The path from the driveway to the party in the pasture was super muddy. No problem getting through that with my 2wd truck. When I was turning out of the driveway onto the road though, I made the turn quite a bit wider than I should have, and put the front passenger side into the ditch. Tranny crossmember hit the road and bottomed out, and the left rear tire was about 6" off the ground. Luckily, the party was at a farm, and my friend has a tractor there, so I called a couple of people up to the driveway to start the tractor up and pull me out. I've been unsure about having the trailer hitch on there since I don't tow anything, but it was pretty useful this morning. Lesson learned: After a night of partying, be more observant of how wide the road actually is.

Good Times:lol:

I didn't take any pictures, but here is one of the same thing. Just imagine my chevy where that dodge is, and my left front wheel on the road so I was at a steeper angle.
    [​IMG]

2. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Always nice to have a friend with a tractor around. Hope it didn't do any real damage.

3. pmf608

I got pretty lucky. No damage, since the frame sat on the ground rather than anything else, and pulling it out with the tractor didnt seem to cause any damage. It was nice to have the tractor there though - its a bit of a challenge to get a hung-up 2wd out of a ditch with the heavy end down and only one drive wheel without a tractor or a large truck.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sounds like there was more mental damage than physical damage. Another lesson learned.

5. b-radical

b-radical Rockstar 100 Posts

:wink2::sign0020: whoever's dodge that is should have just left it in the ditch

6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

haha, lesson learned I guess. Good to hear that there's no damage:great:

7. pmf608

I like how this thread got brought back up - and on my 18th birthday, so I'm legal here, and a lot of talk about drinking and driving has happened today. I didn't say it in the original post, but this happened because I usually don't drink as late or leave as early as I did that day, but I needed to get to an unexpected work call. Good timing on bringing the thread back :lol:

8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Ouch!!! Glad to see you are OK and the truck....

9. DrewLL66

DrewLL66 New Member

thats tough man

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How did I miss this thread? I guess having a baby around that time kept me pretty busy, lol. Good times!