PUTCO Virtual Tubular Grille Inserts

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by AllBlkdOut07, May 15, 2008.

1. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

After realizing what a PITA it is to clean the mesh on the stock painted grille I decided to get something like an insert and make it look more custom. I know a lot of guys are down on bolt ons, but I did some research and found a set that I think looks like it would look ok. Especially because the mesh behind the inserts is black, you won't see it when the grille is sitting vertically on the truck. I haven't seen anyone with this Tubular Grille Insert, but I like the large surface area which shows nice and will be easy to polish/wax IMO. I had it black gloss powdercoated with extra clear gloss powdercoat for added durability.

I had my old W/T grille that I tried painting and messed up with Fusion paint, repainted by an auto body shop. They had to paint it three times since their paint reacted with the Fusion paint, even though the Fusion paint had a chance to dry for 8 months . It came out nice and I'm glad I was able to salvage it. Plus, I'm thinking since it's black plastic it will show stone chips less than my painted chrome grille.

Here are some pics of the newly painted grille and powdercoated inserts off of the truck, not yet installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

:great:dude that looks sick.. nice job

3. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I like your truck a lot. Everything blacked out like that. Please leave the headlights and taillights stock though, I don't like those blacked out. And also, theres nothing wrong with bolt ons in my opinion. The front grill looks good.

4. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thanks man.. but I already had the tails lightly tinted..but LIGHTLY is the key word, I don't like them dark myself. basically I just wanted the bright red color toned down. At least they're glossy, don't like dull tinted tails.

[​IMG]

5. TXGrayGhost

TXGrayGhost New Member

WOW!!!! That looks AWESOME!!! I have a dark charcoal gray Silverado, that I've been considering doing a black grill by Carriage Works. Only problem is I can't seem to find a picture of it. Anyway, yours looks great! Great job and great vision bro!

6. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

link 2 where u got that grill

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That really looks good!

8. TylerR04

TylerR04 Rockstar

That looks awesome!