putting door speakers in a 92

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by sheep, Mar 16, 2009.

1. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

well im sure everyone that has owned one of the older trucks knows that the speakers are in the dash and they are a rare size that can be pretty expensive. i have sub/amp/HU on the way and i would like to replace the stock speakers so i was wondering if anyone knew how much room i have behind that door panel to put new better sized speakers in

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

assuming your talking about the rear? You can get 5 1/4 easily and 6 1/2 inchers in the place of the stock 4x10. Just need to make a little adapter plate from some low grade wood, then paint it so it wont take on any moisture and you should be set and it will still look stock so you dont have to cut a huge whole in the panel

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

HA!! i just read DOOR, i am retarded! The door should be just fine also, I would stay in the 6 1/2 in size and maybe get a set of components and mount the tweet on the piller. Just like I said in previous maka plate and get a grill for the door speaker, just paint it and you can have it match. For the door You will parobably have to cut a 3 inch whole so to get the wiring in and then the magnet has somewhere to go and then it wont stick out so much. Or you can go the more expensive route ad get the kick pods for the foot well. I would go the door way though. Looks better and you get the sense of pride that YOU did it.