1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putting the truck back on the road.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Mean_Green_95, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

Ok, I'm putting my 95 C1500 back on the road. I'm currently in the process of giving it a fresh paint job. After the paint is done sometime this week I'm going to be driving her to my house roughly 100 miles away. The a/c does NOT work. The pressure switch on the back of the compressor is cracked and the bearings in the compressor are shot. I'm going to get a new compressor and new switch this weekend hopefully. My main concern is the oil for the compressor, such as how much and what kind. While I'm at it I'm most likely going to be getting a new dryer and exspansion valve for the added insurance. If anyone has some good info or a step-by-step manual that would be great. I'm not new to a/c work, I just haven't worked on this system in a long time and haven't had anytime to do the proper research due to just finishing a turn-around at work. Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Turn arounds suck don't they? I'm no genuii to a/c work but glad to hear your 95 is getting back on the road. Looking forward to seeing it on the road around here.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

The turn-around wasn't so bad, probably because I was sick and sent home for three days to recover. But overall it lasted about a week less than expected. I've had this truck since I was 16 and parked it in 09 due to getting another truck. I just traded that truck in about 3 months ago and decided to get this one back on the road because I need it.