pwer seats

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by imbubba16, Aug 20, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. imbubba16

imbubba16 New Member

i have a 2004 suburban z71 that the seat moves everyway but the front won`t elevate anymore. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  2. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

There is a motor for each movement - foward/backward, front up/down, rear up/down, recline, lumbar etc. If you can't hear the motor running, I would suggest checking to make sure there are no broken wires or anything under the seat to the motor at the front of the seat. If not, you will probably have to replace that motor.

If you can hear the motor running but the seat won't move, than the problem is probably in the linkage between the motor and the seat - its rare but possible that it would break.
  3. thegeniusguy

thegeniusguy New Member

check the fuses, then wires, then take off the motor and test it.
  4. YukonBill

YukonBill New Member

My front passenger seat moves back and forward, but only moves back a short distance then appears to be stuck. It sticks in a spot that is too far forward so no one can safely or comfortably sit there at this point. Any suggestions as to why it won't move back as far anymore?