1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Q&A thread about ROTM contests

Discussion in 'Ride Of The Month' started by ct9a, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for explaining yourself ct9a, I now understand what you have been trying to do, but I do believe some of the nominees for the Ride of the Month, should be trucks that have been customized enough to not make them appear stock. I saw plenty of trucks in the February nominations, that I believe, should have been voted on for Ride of the Month. From my point of view, some of the trucks that we are voting on now, seem like they are almost stock. I believe a guy like TYMBOM or 04SilveradoMykk should have been nominated, just because they have truly customized their trucks.

This is just my opinion, but I do understand, where you are coming from when you talk about guys who have only been in the club for a short amount of time, and might leave after a little while.
  2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Trust me, I know what you mean about stock looking trucks. However, following this guideline, we would eliminate a lot of the people that want to participate and wouldn't be fair to all. Members like TYMBOM and others, will get their shot. The only thing I need from them is to keep submitting their entries and I will eventually get around to everyone. I don't see it as fair to either TYMBOM or his competitors if I put him up against 3 lightly modded trucks either, so I try and wait for a good fit. This is not say that I won't select him if a good fit doesn't seem to be possible or in the near future. When I see the same entry for a few months in a row with no good matches, I try to do what I can with what I have.
  3. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I don't think it's gone that far that people are upset. Just curious and making suggestions. Here's my two cents. Instead of someone in the end deciding, have it so the first three or four trucks to recieve three nomination votes from other members get locked in. That then cuts down on your time needed and then based completely in the members hands. Therefore, no complaining, lol.
  4. Jarrett

That sounds like a good idea, I like it.
  5. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I know we are moving on to march, but was looking at prior months. I was noticing how it seems that each month more and more people keep placing their truck in for the running. I thought it would be less bias if others nominated someone else they thought was worthy. Not saying that their truck isn't worthy.
  6. Pats1pab1

Thanks, that was going to be my next question:lol:
  7. Jarrett

I think that is the way it should be, but unless things change I'm still nominating myself.
  8. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a quick question. if i send you a new picture of my truck can you change it out with the one you put up for the feb. ROTM poll?
  9. Pats1pab1

LOL, You wouldn't have to, if someone else didn't nominate you Jarrett, I would definitely put you in. I may have the 99 style, but I do have a preference to your model. My parents have a 96. Plus, I like they way your truck has been done, very clean and eye catching!!
  10. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

The other way to look at it though is that if you really do want change, initiate it and demostrate that you believe in it. The way I'll do it is vote for others I believe should be reconized. Hey, if I can't even get nominated by others, how do I think I'd get their votes, or at least enough to win.

Everyone wants to win and to be reconized for having an awesome ride. Good luck everyone and have fun :)