1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Q&A thread about ROTM contests

Discussion in 'Ride Of The Month' started by ct9a, Feb 5, 2010.

1. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi i think there should be a rule that you have to be a member for 6 months and have 50 post to vote. to many people just join to vote for a friend. ralph

2. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I agree. At least with the 50 posts. You know, for people who actually contribute to the forum.

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've been noticing the increase in traffic for ROTM. I read through this thread, and my first thought is; Hey, Scott, good job and thanks for all the work!

Some may recall that Da Bus was nominated in Novemeber, and I was shocked - and proud. As a matter of fact, my reaction was "Are you sh**in" me?!" Who's with me?

I can see Scott's point about trying to pick 4 trucks from all the entries received, make them close competition, make it interesting, and keep everyone checking in for the results. There aren't many other 25 year old vans on this site, nor are there many 11 second 4x4's.
    There is such a diverse group of people/vehicles on this site, all with their own tastes, that 4 out of X has got to be a chore.

I personaly think TYMBOM has an awesome truck, with lots of work and sweat and busted knuckles hidden behind his outward pride. I already know that I'm voting for it WHEN it makes it into the contest. That's an easy call, unless somebody out there is working on a 10 second Suburban!

I think that the comments about the voting be limited to those with vested interest in the site is right on. I'm not much of a computer guy, or even that competetive, but I had to go look at my profile to see if I qualify;)

All in all, I think everybody will get their chance in ROTM, and I know I don't want Scott's job.

My .02

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  4. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Well written. And thanks for the props ;)

5. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Just so that I am not misunderstood, I was not pissed that I didn't get nominated. I made my comment about being surprised because of the mix of nearly stock rides when there were so many nominated with lots done. That being said, I do understand and appreciate the mods job. That is why I questioned. I'd rather be the up front and open than to be the bitter guy who just b!tches about it. I asked and now I know. :)

That being said, I am not taking away or slamming anyone elses ride. We are all very proud of our trucks and we all should be.

Again, good luck everyone and have fun. That's why we're all here.

:great:

6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Already done.

7. ct9a

I have asked the rest of the mod team to take a look at this thread periodically as it evolves.

8. ct9a

Again, this game isn't about what I want, but just something for everyone to enjoy. If there are enough people that have issues with the way it's currently done, then I'm sure the moderator team will come up with something.

9. ct9a

Interestingly enough, I think this was brought up. In fact, that's part of the guidelines for getting into the poll, and I think that's where the idea came from. The problem is, the forum software doesn't allow us to put such filters in place.

10. ct9a

Thanks for the kind words.

Again, I agree that the voting should have some kind of restriction on it, if nothing else but to keep someone from making multiple accounts just to vote for the same truck over and over (I'd hope none of our members would do such a thing, but these days, anything is possible). I'll double check with Steve, but I don't think the software will give us the option.