Q about Fabtech suspension lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by redkaz04, Nov 7, 2008.

1. redkaz04

redkaz04 New Member

Well I finally decided on a 07 silverado and I am already looking at lift kits. I am hoping some of you can shed some light on my dilema, so here goes: I am going with a 6" suspension lift, narrowed it down to either a basic 6" Fabtech or the the 6" Fabtech with Coilovers. My question is how do the coilovers ride in comparison to the basic fabtech lift? Is it worth the extra 2k?
    My last truck was a 99 dodge lifted with a 5" basic Skyjacker and it was really bumpppy. Can I expect the same with the basic Fabtech lift? Has anyone ridden in a truck with colovers on a 6" lift? What do you all think? Thanks,

2. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

it would be smoother, but i have the basic, and it rides real smooth, the only time it's rough is on washboard roads going fast, and well, no biggy, but it rides like a cadillac other than that. up to you, but i'd just save the extra 2g's and buy some more goodies haha.

3. redkaz04

redkaz04 New Member

yeah..I am hoping someone here as ridden in both. How would you compare it to the stock ride? Does it track really straight? How much does it wonder compared to stock?

4. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Spend the extra 2 grand and let us know. It ain't my money.

5. redkaz04

redkaz04 New Member

ha ha I might do that, but I am seriously looking for someone that has ridden in a truck with a 6' lift and coilovers

6. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

thats going to be a slick truck!
    keep us posted on your decisions:great:

7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

the coilovers would ride like a dream but IMO they are not worth the money unless you are going to be seriously off roading your rig. id say stay with the basic, and also look into CST lifts, they are awesome

8. redkaz04

redkaz04 New Member

still researching....

9. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

still stuck on the coilover or basic decision? or researching other lifts too?

10. redkaz04

redkaz04 New Member

First off I was away from the truck scene for about four years.....I am almost caught up. I decided that since my truck has 19k miles on it I will wait another year or so until I need new tires to go with a lift. I am weighing my decision on several things...

1. my last lifted truck got annoying when gas went over 3 bucks and I could only get 12 mpg on the highway..so im waiting to see where gas goes...
    2. Rode in a truck with a 6" pro comp lift and the front end had a lot of chatter...(no like)
    3. I like reading and stalking the forum;)